Sunday, November 14, 2010

Is it possible to change your demeanor at the age of 21?

I know a lot of the big names in psychology claim that your personality is more or less fixed at a very young age but I find myself dissapointed in how I interact with people. In my conscious mind I hold myself to impossible standards that I constantly strive for in a number of ways and I think that I may be transferring said expectations onto those I meet. When I'm introduced to people 9 times out of 10 I think to myself ';this isn't the ideal type of person I want associate with,'; be it because of how they express themselves, their level of intelligence or ability to converse with me on a variety of topics, or other perceptions and conclusions I make upon being introduced. I dont' I come off as pretentious exactly but something close to it. I have almost no friends and by now it shouldn't be heard to fathom why, but I truly do want to change. Is it possible?Is it possible to change your demeanor at the age of 21?
Of coarse it is possible.

What you are describing is not your basic personality.



When you meet someone, keep in mind that they too are self conscious and perhaps a little nervous meeting you. It is human nature to be a little apprehensive with strangers.



Instead of thinking of their limitations, think of the positive aspects of that person. Do not judge them based on one meeting.



Most importantly, a little humility goes a long way. Try thinking of what you have in common with that person.



There is bound to be at at least one thing you have in common.



21 is very young. How you interact with people is still a work in progress.Is it possible to change your demeanor at the age of 21?
I've changed many times over my lifetime. Don't be too critical.
ALL..... can be Changed In CHRIST Jesus!



Here is your Example....!



(1Corinthians 6:9-10-11) Do you not know



that the unrighteous



shall not inherit



the kingdom of God?



Do not be deceived;



neither fornicators,



nor idolaters,



nor adulterers,



nor abusers,



nor homosexuals,



(1Co 6:10) nor thieves,



nor covetous,



nor drunkards,



nor revilers,



nor extortioners,



shall inherit the kingdom of God.



(1Co 6:11) And such = WERE = some of = YOU.



But you are washed,



but you are sanctified,



but you are justified



in the name of the Lord Jesus,



and by the Spirit of our God.



(1Co 6:9) Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals,



(1Co 6:10) nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.



(1Co 6:11) And such were some of you. But you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.



Thanks, RR

No comments:

Post a Comment