Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why do people think Im 'emo'?

I'm usually always alone, don't have friends, very quiet, and I sit by myself at lunch. I don't even look like the stereotypical emo. I just wear casual clothing, and I don't wear makeup. I have my reasons for my behavior, though. I'm just a shy person, and I've lost my social skills, so I don't know how to interact with people. I stay away from people to avoid awkward situations. My old friend treats me like she's better, because she thinks I'm weird. She is annoyed of me, yet we haven't actually spoke in months.I once had one sock on, and some people thought it was for attention. I honestly didn't think people were going to look at my foot, and it's because I couldn't find another one. I figured one foot covered is better than none. I put duct tape on my fingers because I thought I had a wart, but it wasn't really(it was a scab), but anyway, they say it gets rid of them. People asked and I just said it's an experiment because I'm not gonna say I have a wart.Why do people think Im 'emo'?
It's because people are uncomfortable with people who dare to be themselves and decide that if they lable them, they won't seem so differant anymore because they have a 'place' . This is NOT the case, and if you don't like the lable, what you need to do is start showing people who you really are. You know, socialize. And get away from the old friend, she sounds like she's a major part of the problem.Why do people think Im 'emo'?
um cause you sit by yourself , maybe it looks like youre moping . get out there and get some friends bud.
You sound pretty cool to me. Try talking to people, everybody goes through awkward situations, they aren't fatal you know. Get out there and socialize. If a person isn't responsive, it's their loss not yours.
For one if you got mad then your not emotionless.



Just a question, are you still in school?



Cause this happened to me a lot.

Except I got called a goth, because i would write really dark poetry and one day the ';popular girl'; got a hold of my book and told everyone I was a wrist cutter ( wich I wasn't)



Don't conform, I know you won't it will pass and you will meet people you do get a long with. I did.

So I'm confident you will too.
If you are shy then its bloody hard to try and make friends. I know, I was the same at school.

If all that is happening is that others are calling you emo then I would't worry too much about it. As long as they are not pysically harming you or bullying you I would ignore them. Do the things that make you happy and you will probably find that there are others out there the same as you.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment