Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I not feel so emotionless as an adult?

I'm not depressed or anything, but I know as a kid and as a teenager I felt so alive and so full of emotion, but as an adult, I feel so lifeless and emotionless. I'm tired all the time, feel worn out, every day is the same just get up and go to work then rinse and repeat. I have no interest in what people have to say. When talking to people I am forcing myself to talk when it's my turn and laugh when appropriate but I am so disinterested in interacting with people it's so boring. I feel zero emotion, I do not feel alive at all. Like I said, I'm not depressed or anything like that, it just seems somehow as I got older I just lost emotion and interest in life. Even when I'm doing things I like, like playing with my band, I still feel emotionless. Is this just part of being an adult? I have friends and a girlfriend, but still I just feel so emotionless and lifeless, but it's not a depression thing, just feel dead and worn out and disinterested in everything.How can I not feel so emotionless as an adult?
That's a common phenomenon. The only real cure is to turn to religion. I've seens many similar stories on the internet where people FINALLY felt alive again after rediscovering their connection with God.



Though these days religion is labled as ';oppressive';, it's the only real cure. Like women... Can't live with em, but can't live without em either.



And even if you're ';sort of'; relgious you should still look into learning about other religions so you can know for sure which one feels the most right to you.



Personally, Islam works for me =c) Might work for you too. You'll find all you need to know in the Holy Quran.How can I not feel so emotionless as an adult?
umm yeah - its called depression and despite you informing us that your not depressed, your symptoms confirm it.
medication will solve this, see a doc
I feel it too.....your always worried about what other people will think if you act stupid or fun, or immature....I say do something you normally wouldnt do.... skip to work, stick your tongue out at everyone wearing red today.....blow kisses to strangers.... who cares what people will think....DO IT!
Start travelling if you can. I do believe you are depressed but I also think that certain activities can give you adrenaline and take your mind off worries. Some areas are so astounding they can leave you breathless. I highly reccomend it.
You should try jogging, buying a fish tank, or read a book. However, life is very interesting, look at the stars, watch your surroundings, smell the air you breath, taste and smell food. Their are plenty of things going on, and you need to realize it. The world does not revolve around you.
Its just emotion, If you feel emotionless, no worries, It happens, If you care about others and care about yourself then you must not worry..life stages are complicated enough to understand....live your life as you want
First thing you must do is: If you watch the news, stop!

Second: I agree with the one who says do something out of the norm, let loose! Do silly stuff that makes people look at you like you need a trip to an adult daycare center.

Sometimes talking to a stranger or getting info on depression helps. You will see that your symptoms are not as bad as you thought. You have the same out look on life right now that so many people in our country do. I think if we impeach Bush, our country will be on the road to recovery. People will start living again.
How old are you? Do you have any kids? I'm going through similar feelings. And for me I think it's because I'm ready for the next stage in my life (hopefully a great career, some kids and a husband) Maybe it's not exactly the same for you, but maybe you're ready for the next stage to start too, something new and exciting to happen in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment