Friday, November 19, 2010

Social anxiety advice needed right away! How to meet/interact with new people?

In a few hours I have to go to my first day at a new club I joined. They took me on to fill one of the positions at the club. Tonight is the first meeting and I am really, really nervous.



I think I have symptoms of social anxiety disorder and social interaction really makes me nervous and anxious. I need advice about how to meet these new people in the group and what to say to them and talk to them about. I'm sometimes just very quiet and don't know what to say. I just wish I could interact without being stressed. If you were in this situation what would you do? Let's say there is a coffee break and people are mingling around (I absolutely hate these situations) - how do you handle it?Social anxiety advice needed right away! How to meet/interact with new people?
While it's easier said than done, don't think about it too much. When I was younger, I used to be extremely shy, and as I got older, I started talking to more and more people. Yet, even to this day, people think of me as the quiet kid.

So really, if you are the quiet person, it really isn't as bad as you are letting it seem. For starters, you could probably talk to them about how or why they joined the club. Maybe even talk about work, or anything else that you might have common ground with. But just realize, if you are being a little quiet, there is nothing really wrong with that. Social anxiety advice needed right away! How to meet/interact with new people?
take a b complex especially with B12 it reduces my anxiety without any side effects
I try to focus on something that keeps me busy. I try to look busy so that they don't catch on. Say writing things down about the group your attending or something appropriate for the situation. I have anxiety and xanax has helped me sooooo much. I am on about 1/2 or a .25 and it levels me right out. Problem is it's hard to get but for the time being just try to keep your mind busy so that you don't focus on being uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment