Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can you truly trust people when so many people are just out for themselves?

I am a 25 year old Christian woman. I've been hurt a lot by most every person I've been close to. I've never had a supporting family and have had to learn ';the ways of the world'; the hard way at an early age, getting used and abused by jerks that prey on vulnerable people.



Sometimes I just like to be a alone because it is less scary that way and more predictable. What I usually do is keep people at bay and have mostly acquaintances, with a few close people. I prefer being alone. I'm not a hermit - at work and church I interact and people genuinely consider me nice. I get the feeling I should ';trust'; more, however, and my question is how do you trust people when there are so many selfish people in the world, some which are very malicious?How can you truly trust people when so many people are just out for themselves?
You amaze me because you are Christian. The word of God says; ';Never lay your trust on 'man', but trust on him';. AND also said; ';He gives life to man so they can represent his image';



This means that God himself would not encourage you to trust man because man eventually changes, but also remember that the Lord welcomes anyone. Tell your self that God has given you a challenge to live beside what might change you to something bad, but succeeding would mean you strong and has improved.How can you truly trust people when so many people are just out for themselves?
You sound like a sweet girl. I've also been hurt badly by a couple significant others. What I've learned in my 32 years is that an objective mind can help a lot. What I do is open up to people in layers. All people are selfish at one time or another, but over time the balance of good deeds to bad deeds reveals what people really stand for. Just don't be so fast to fall in love and give your full heart to a potentially undeserving person. Let them earn your trust. If they don't want to take the time to earn your heart they don't deserve it. You can share your love with anyone on the street, but trust, trust is earned and that takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment