Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Is it better to leave my Teaching Experience/Bachelor's Degree off my resume when applying to a restuarant?

I am looking for work as a waiter/hotel worker as I go to grad school, but it seems like every place I apply to perhaps views me as ';overqualified'; for that kind of work, or atleast someone who couldn't possibly learn how to interact with people, take orders, etc. because of my minimal resturant/hotel experience. But... it's not like I'm socially inept or unable to learn anything.



What should I do?Is it better to leave my Teaching Experience/Bachelor's Degree off my resume when applying to a restuarant?
I agree with Prairie Girl and I think things have changed over the years, people aren't necessarily expected to work at the same company for 20 years like they did in the past especially when working in a restaurant. I think that you just have to keep trying and eventually you will find the right job and you will get the valuable experience that you need.Is it better to leave my Teaching Experience/Bachelor's Degree off my resume when applying to a restuarant?
If you leave college %26amp; teaching off of your resume won't that leave a major hole in it? I'd explain that you are going to grad school and need a job that will fit your schedule or you need the additional income, whichever the case may be. They may feel like this is a very temporary thing since you have a teaching job, and therefore are reluctant to hire you. Be outgoing, upbeat and show an interest in the job so they'll see your potential. I think you just haven't found the right place yet -- keep looking. Things are hard for everyone right now.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment