Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do you deal with homosexual/bisexual bashing people if you must interact with them on a daily basis?

Usually a person would just remove themselves from a situation with homosexual or bisexual hating or bashing people. But if you are at school, work, or home, how can you deal with people and situations if you have no choice but to interact with them?

For instance, a gay hating teacher or classmates. Or having a mother who denounces it and family who bashes it?How do you deal with homosexual/bisexual bashing people if you must interact with them on a daily basis?
Everyone deals with it differently. Some are confrontational and will speak up against bigotry to anyone who bashes, and some are scared that they might meet with disapproval if they did that. Which are you?How do you deal with homosexual/bisexual bashing people if you must interact with them on a daily basis?
I wouldnt know about family but at school I just would kiss a guy more if they try to hurt me I know where to kick.
If it was a teacher I wouldn't shut up until I got a written apology, you do have rights you know. And I am speaking from personal experiences here.
As an openly gay man I deal with this everyday. It really does get to you after awhile but you just have to let it go. I personally laugh about it when people get in my face about being gay.



What gives hate speech its power is when people get rilled up and angry. If you choose not to get enraged by it and use hate speech back it eventually neutralizes itself.



I can tell you at my work quite a few people were major bigots. I never let them get to me and joked about being gay. Those people aren't a problem and don't give me **** anymore.
I hate how the kid that are homophobic at me never get called out on it. They never get in trouble for it and I have to stand them everyday. How can I be friends with people like that.
Usually, people like that are pretty wound up. I like to find the one button to press that will make them go INSANE (as in from 0 to Bit** in .05 seconds) and then press it. Then, I casually walk away as they prove to everybody else how depraved they are.



Its loads of fun for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment