Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How is it that people are okay with infants, toddlers, preschoolers going to day care, but?

when a person says they have put a relative into a nursing home because that relative is senile and no longer able to care for themselves or be left alone, people jump all over you about it?



I had to put my son in day care so that I could work full-time, because I was the primary wage earner and insurance carrier for the family. I had no other choice. I checked all of my sitter's creditials, got 6 good references, did everything in my power to make sure she was a good choice. All was well until one day when I picked him up and he looked like he had been beaten up on the face and hands. She said he got out of his highchair and when she turned, she ';accidentally'; stepped on his hands. I found another sitter that night. Two years later, my former sitter killed an infant while in her care.



It is common for mothers to have to depend on others to care for their precious children, but when a person has to place an elder into a nursing home, people feel free to say all kinds of hateful things about it.



My step-father is in a safe, loving facility where he is well-fed, hugged, and gets to interact with people all day long. If he were home, he would have to be watched 24/7 and his life would not be nearly as full as it is in the nursing home.



Every time I post a question about nursing homes, I end up getting hateful emails from people, and I'm dern sick of it. I will never understand how people can be so judgemental when they don't even know me, our situation, and who actually don't really care - they just want to give someone grief.How is it that people are okay with infants, toddlers, preschoolers going to day care, but?
I suspect you are talking to the wrong people. Perhaps they've not had to deal with Nursing Home Care....Don't enable anybody to make you feel guilty. I've worked in Nursing Homes over a decade. Some sterotype them. It is the best place for our Loved Ones when we can no longer care for them at home. It is a very difficult decision, but, one that has to be made. I have nothing hateful to say about them. Aging is a part of living....So is physical and mental declines, in some folks. Good example: My Own Father. Mom continues to tend to him, but, he is very difficult to care for at this point. She refuses to allow him to be admitted. My siblings and I continue to Pray and understand to the best of our ability. God Bless! (HUGS)How is it that people are okay with infants, toddlers, preschoolers going to day care, but?
idk



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-41Ifq6aLg
Double standard.
dude, this waaaaaaaaaay to serious for P%26amp;S

you're NOT going to get too many serious answers lol



that being said...

daycare is DAY CARE... not life care, and nurseries are filled with capacities and training to care for the elderly whereas the family might not be!!
I would send my 8 to daycare, but I need them to exploit.
Frinklecat say this too long. Frinklecat's headfluff exploded.
Who cares what people say? You have to do what you have to do!
The first part of your question is horrible...



I agree with you though!!



Oh I agree try another category like parenting or society....
Don't worry about other people thoughts, this would be your personal business!!



;-)
The reason putting someone in a nursing home is looked down on is it can be like putting a loved one out to pasture to wait on death. Some people abandon their loved ones and can`t be bothered with them anymore.I see these people who are in this position . I am a volunteer at a nursing home.Not all ,but some do it for the right reasons like you explained and do visit them.

Child care is a lot different. It is a daily thing mostly and can not be compared to a nursing home.

Please pray for those who email you with unkind thoughts. They need it more than you do. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment