Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do you handle obnoxious co-workers?

They run around complaining all the time to anyone, acting like everyone here should serve them. Interact with people using blunt comments.



Since this is where I make my money, I do my best to ignore and not make a scene but sometimes it is very hard to do so.



Grrrrrrr....How do you handle obnoxious co-workers?
Yeah, you have the right idea-ignore them. If they come to your desk don't even look up. And pray he isn't the bosses son.How do you handle obnoxious co-workers?
Make sly comments to them that make them feel like idiots.
Do what I do. Get some earplugs and tune them out and listen to some music. Hopefully, your job allows you to do that.
Venting on Q%26amp;A is good for you. At work, do you job well and keep your mouth shut. They will probably get theirs in the end.
I encounter the same thing! Sometimes I have just boldly said: ';Stop Complaining'; and they usually say something like, ';Yeah, I know, I always complain.'; Or, if they are complaining to you, don't comment; just change the subject - they'll get the message sooner than later. We have a secretary in our dept. who complains about everything from not having ice cream socials (can you imagine!) to not being invited to bosses' cocktail happy hours. Frankly, I don't want to go. She complains about her boss emailing her a letter in an email to put into a letter format and print it out! She says ';Why can't he do that!'; It's your job!!! Another approach would be: if you sense they are about to complain, say: ';NO COMPLAINTS, ONLY POSITIVES!'; That should work. Let me know. Thanks.
I ignore them. My iPod is very helpful.
~~~Some Guy, trip them when they walk past you. It's funny.~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment