Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I be more talkative and outgoing?

I've noticed that I'm still pretty shy and quiet when it comes to meeting and interacting with people. It annoys me that I'm so quiet around people. I just feel like I don't have much to talk about. Why is this? What can I do to be more outgoing and fun to be around? How can I be more talkative and outgoing?
You could try laughing at what other people say a lot, compliment people's styles,even if you don't like them. You could try asking people to borrow things such as pencils, and things. These little things can start conversations. Also, smiling a lot will make you look friendly.Try to make things you do look fun, and being a nice person is a boost. These things can make you look outgoing, and make more friends. Otherwise, just be yourself and try to make the best of everything! I use to be shy, but i have gotten way more outgoing. Hope this helps, it helped me!

:)How can I be more talkative and outgoing?
Good question. I'm like that too most of the time :/
ask yourself: ';what do i have to lose'; besides that one person MAYBE, well there a billions of other people in the world rite



ask them questions like ';what did you do this weekend'; or ';where do you get your clothes, they're cute'; or ';did you hear about so and so'; stuff like that gets into deeper conversations and then bam u gotta friend



also it helps to think that everybody is an individual. not everybody can be loud, not everybody can be quiet. you are you and wouldn't you rather be hated for something you are than loved for something you are not
Im exactly the same way and i wish i wasn't!! it can get really annoying i know and its like what should i ask or say to this person and then you just draw a blank. i think what we have to do is just start talking about random things. my mom always tells me that people like talking about themselves so just ask questions about them and try to relate their answers to other things
You have to work on ways to be more socially active. This may mean that you need to go out more and meet more people. Having friends is always a good way. You want to feel as if you can talk to anyone and feel comfortable no matter where you are or what you are doing.



One of the first things you can do is develop eye contact. For many people, it’s intimidating to look people in they eye. As soon as someone catches your eye, do you find yourself quickly looking away? Why not make a challenge to yourself, the next person you meet, I’m going to look at them straight in the eye, smile and count to three before I look away. You might have to try this a few times, but eventually you’ll get the hang of it. Trust me it’s worth it. Do this for a week, make a conscious effort to do it. (A hint if you’re REALLY shy, don’t try to do it to someone you find naturally attractive, instead do it with someone that you’re not attracted to at all, it just seems less intimidating. I think it would be a blow to anyone’s self esteem if they just couldn’t hold eye contact with Angelina Jolie for three seconds.)



After you feel comfortable looking people in the eye, now it’s time to say something. Just a simple “Hello”, “Hi”, “How’s it going?” What you’ll find is that people are starved for interaction as well. Often just a simple Hello can start a train reaction, and the next thing you know, you’re twenty minutes into a deep conversation.



Now if you really want to get good at being outgoing, you have to get good at trivial conversations. The best thing I can tell you is 3-1. Not 31. But three parts them, one part you. If you engage them in conversation, and let them talk about themselves three times more than you talk about yourself, you’re doing great.

If you’re not naturally outgoing, it doesn’t mean you can’t become more outgoing and defeat your shyness. It just takes some practice, but trust me the practice is fun. You’ll be glad you did it in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment