Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I learn to be more self-confident and outgoing?

I have a hard time interacting with people that I don't know very well, unless others approach me I wouldn't talk to them. I don't like that I behave this way, in the past it has gotten back to me that I act proud and stuck up. That's not that body language I want to be sending off. I want to be friendly and inviting to everyone.



How can I work on this issue? I really want to build the friendships I already have and make some awesome knew ones.How can I learn to be more self-confident and outgoing?
lol dam i remember that i ust to be just like that-----now i'm wayyyy more out-going------i guess i just swallowed my pride and just stopped over thinking things, took a deep breath whenever i was nervous, and just started talking to people, not trying to force myself to be funny or interesting, but just talked----i noticed one of my problems were over thinking things-----i also participated in church plays and going up to read prayers to lotz of people----just stop thinking about all the things your not....just relax and talk-----if you don't agree with something speak up, if you want to say something say it....think positively-----------i'm sorry if this isn't helping much-----lol itz really hard for me to explain-----hope you meet your goal =]





lol an easier way to say it is to just ';chillax';





oh yeah n' being outgoing means actually going up to people to talk to them, not just waiting for them to come up to you, TRUST me....i ust to think being a loner wasn't that bad.....but it does not help AT ALL....trust me yo.....lol dam i've learned soooo much from highschool....i'm gonna be a senior next year....lol dam i've changed a lot.....How can I learn to be more self-confident and outgoing?
I think when everybodys in a group and at least 1 person you know is also in that group stand next to that person that you know and talk to everybody as a whole group. This way you at least have sombody you know by you';re side and you can meet everybody

Hope this helps !!
Join clubs, especially Drama..



be yourself, don't let anyone make you feel inferior
There is an expression called ';fake it tell you make it'; This means to act the way you want to be. I was shy too at one time. Then one day I decided I didn't want to be that way. What I did is I started to smile at people as I passed them. I would also say hello. It was very hard at first but then after awhile it became like second nature to me. Try it and don't give up. You can do it.
I never knew this but that quality is the best quality. Sometimes, being alone saves you a lot of problems. With a lot of friends usually comes a lot of problems. Just work on the stuck up part. Being a loner most of the time isn't so bad. Once people do start coming your way, you will notice that they are the kind of people you will really find are true. One suggestion, check out Craigslist on the strictly platonic section of the personals. You can post an ad and pick and choose who you want to be friends with. With the internet, you have the power to pick and choose friends. The success rate of friendships are much better that way. Plus it gives you a sense of control over who has access to your life. Always be responsible with who you let in. People who are too desperate and people who give you that weird feeling are probably not the people you want to have around too much. You want the person to be as compatible with you as possible. Make sure you talk on the phone for a couple of weeks before meeting. Also make sure you are sure you want to meet them. Carry pepper spray for the first meeting. For off-line meeting of people, it's harder. Just be social and talk to people.
I am exactly like you. I give off that, ';I'm too good to talk and hang with you'; persona but I'm not like that at all.



I think that you would need to smile more and try to hang around more with the people that you want to attract and be friends with.



Also I think maybe, but only you can say yes or no-disagree or agree, that you may have self-esteem concerns too.



I say that you practice in the mirror and you point out all the wonderful things about your look that you know and I know, no one else has because you're unique and different. And even though people try to bring us down or seem like they have all the self-confidence in the world, they had the time to look at themselves and accept who they are and/or fake it so that they don't show how much they are struggling to accept and like themselves.



It's a long process but assuredly one that you will see improvements and happiness in yourself, in the long run. You'll gain more friends and if you don't have one, a boyfriend that will like your confidence and who you are in the inside as well as the outside.



Hit me up if I helped!



HOPE THIS HELPS!!! :o)
you can't. Unless you take meds that get rid of social phobia. As for self confidence..if you don't have it don't fake like you'll have it or you'll just come off as awkward and annoying.
Dont worry im shy like that too it's just hard to talk to people u dont know.try to talk to people one at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment