Friday, November 19, 2010

In the process of overcoming shyness, but nervous about how people will view that change. Advice?

I've struggled with shyness all my life. Now I'm in college, and freshman year really brought a lot of my insecurities to the surface for me to face... turning into a big anxiety issue. Now in my sophomore year, I've made a lot of progress in becoming more comfortable with myself, and learning to be myself in more situations. But I'm worried that the self-image I created last year cannot be changed. Not a lot of people really got to know me well... I feel like there's nothing about me that sticks out, that gives me identity, because I'm too shy to really express myself. That's why I always want to start fresh, so that I can give off a first impression that really shows who I am.



So as I become more comfortable with myself, how do I battle the fear of what people think of me as I change the way I interact with people? Will this come off as strange to them? How do I stop worrying about not having an ';identity';? And if I do achieve an ';identity,'; how do I stop worrying about what people think of that change?



I struggle with this a lot...In the process of overcoming shyness, but nervous about how people will view that change. Advice?
If you are comfortable with yourself then you will care less about what other people think.



The nervousness about how people will view that change is just another aspect to your shyness/confidence.



You will never please everyone so instead of trying to be acceptable to everyone, be who you want to be. You just need to decide ';this is what I want to do, and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it'; It's not like it will make your social situation any worse if they do notice the change.. so just go with it.



Most people wont even notice and even if they do, its a good change so they will probably like it. Easier said than done, I know.. but try to just do whats best for you and not worry about other people so much.In the process of overcoming shyness, but nervous about how people will view that change. Advice?
I can see why this would worry you but what you should really ask yourself is, why should other people's opinions of you stop you from being who you are.



Any mature person who might notice this change would know that well, people change and evolve and some people come out of themselves and would probably embrace the new you.



You know what's always good to remember also, is that you think the whole world would automatically no and stop and point if you started acting differently, however most people are so involved in themselves they probably wouldn't notice.



If I were you I'd block out those thoughts of what people think and just be who you are because the right people will like the change and the wrong people don't even matter.
Two things dear...

1 ) never be afraid what others thing of you. Just be yourself. If you are shy so be it .... at lease you still attract those who understand you. You are not adding pressure on to yourself trying to be someone else.

2 ) never try to do things alone. Tag alone with a friend.....hide behind your friend for protection. Let your friend do the talkng and you fill up a little here and there. In doing so you do not feel insecure...at the same time you make others notice you and accepting whatever that happened.



Good luck.
  • Comforter Sets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment