Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I stop caring about what other people think of me?

I am that typical yes guy who doesn't like to offend or upset people. I always worry about what people think of me and think they are judging me or that they dislike me and it gives me this really hollow empty feeling. I feel totally paranoid sometimes, so much so I can't even speak and I get really nervous about saying the right things so often I just avoid people totally just so I don't have to go through the pain. I am constantly thinking people are judging me even when it is just having a conversation. I dread going into work because I find it hard to interact with people. To compensate I get really drunk at the weekend just to forget my worries and then end up getting depression on top of it all because of the after effect of alcohol, on monday mornings I feel so crappy I don't even speak to anyone unless I have to. I am pretty messed up yeah! Anyone got any tips of getting out of this mental mess?How can I stop caring about what other people think of me?
just do whats in your best interest. put yourself as #1 for once. who cares what other people think? they cant change you! some one dislikes you so what your still you your friends still like you, your happy because you put yourself first. dont let people walk on you because you want to be nice.How can I stop caring about what other people think of me?
u sound like a normal person to me , and trust me i know some serious nutters !!!!!
i think you shouldn't worry of wat ppl say bout u just love ur self cuz if u don't who will???????????????
hey man, well you sound a little bit like me, however i am not sure if am as much desperate as you. well i think the same that sometimes people judge me, and prefer not to go somewhere just because i may not look today or have a bad hair cut, or havent have one for long time .

However all you need to do is finds lots friends, i know its not easy, in my case i have lots of friends since i was about 12 years old and moved to a new neigbghour and up to this day a party with the same people and dont feel like being judge by them or anyone when i am around them, so even when i go alone somewhere its not that bad.



anyway my advice , and trust me it helps if you think people are judging you , which maybe 30% actually do, try to always look good and dont do stupid things or say stupid things, sometimes better not say anything at all than say something stupid, looking good make you feel better about your self and you wont care about that anymore
Life is to short to worry about such a trivial matter in the long run. All that matters is what you Truly think of yourself. Friends opinions are allowed to matter, but shouldn't to the extent of it ruining your day.



';Be as white as you want to, '; Be as straight as you want to

Be as black as you want to, Be as gay as you want to';

Be as brown as you want to,

Don't let anybody stop you'; - Prozzak



Try listening to ';Be As'; performed by Prozzak.

This song is an amazing song, listen to the lyrics and I believe you will find happiness
Your very hard on yourself, A little counseling might do you some good, but don't let them take advantage of you and keep you there for years. Most of the time it something very simple, and if I had to guess it sounds like either your Mom or your Dad made you feel like you had to please other people before yourself. Like anything else its one step at a time and so try and Challenge yourself to do one small thing, it can be as small as saying Hi to everyone on monday morning at work. But do try and talk to a counselor I think you would benefit greatly. If you go to church ask your church offices if they have referrals for christian counselor's.
Don't do this to me, I'm dyslexic.
sounds like some form of social anxiety. I would suggest seeing a counselor and maybe researching these issues/symptoms
I think you need to stop the drinking; NOW. You will ruin your health along with losing your job.



If you are smart enough to get the job; why can't you take each encounter with the other workers for what it is? You are just as good as anybody else there; so why are you so hard on yourself?



Why don't you see your (a) doctor right away for some help? If you don't have one; call the emergency room at a good hospital and ask if they can help you and refer you to a doctor who can help you?

You can over-come this if you get the help that you need and really work at it.



You also need a family member or a real friend who can help you through this. You need support to help you get through this.



We all go through bad times sometime in our lives and we need to get help to get through it. So, don't believe that you are the only one. You are not by yourself.

The important thing is to realize that you need help and to get it. Don't put it off. Start this weekend. You can do it. Don't give up on yourself.

Ask God to help you. You are His child and He will help you. Just ask Him. Read His word for support.
Try depression pills. Yes see a counselor. Stop drinking so much. Get a hobby or something to take your mind off it. Take up a course in public speaking, it will give you more confidence with conversation.



Do all these things and have a positive attitude. You may not be able to do the whole lot at once but have an action plan and I think you will overcome it.



All the best
just do something what you consieder right whatever somepeople else say.setting your goal is easy to achieve this.
This book helped me

';Dealing with People You Can't Stand: How to Bring Out the Best in People at Their Worst'; by dr Rick Brinkman
It is not use worrying about other people all the time. What are you achieving here. Nothing. They probably don't even have an opinion about you.



This is all going on in your own head I am sorry to tell you. Try to take the thoughts away. Be yourself. Smile when you are at work. Say the odd thing or two. Have a joke or two.



From the above you will find that you are quite a well liked chappie.



Try it and see. Oh and stop drinking your troubles away. It never works. Go out instead. Even if it a walk or to see a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment