Thursday, October 28, 2010

I just can't interact with people and it's horribly embarrassing?

I just started college. I'm 6'5'; and good looking and nice but I just have this intense fear of people. I just can't interact. I have no friends. I never really did. When I look people in the eyes and talk to them I feel as if the moment I am in will become part of history and will always be remembered by that person. The solidity of that scares me. And I just don't know how to react because I concentrate so much on my muscles and the emotion I am conveying to the other person, etc. And if I act in a way everyone else acts I feel like a complete and utter phony-- and I feel even worse that way. I can't think in front of other people. Even the simplest things become these huge ordeals. Like sitting in a lecture hall and some asks me to move over (I sit on the seat closest to the stairs because I don't want to scare the person by the wall by sitting right next to them) and I get up and as I get up the seat chair hits my leg and causes me to flinch and then I can't get the next seat down (movie theatre seats). Or when I have to pay for something I just don't know when to give them the money... Like am I supposed to ait for them to ask for it and then fidget through my wallet as they and the entire line of people behind me wait for me to take the money out? OR am I supposed to stand there holding the money out like an idiot? And then even both ways when I try to give them the money my hand is all shaky.



I notice a lot of girls looking at me and I can tell they're interested because I'm a pretty good looking guy and I start thinking about the possibilities between them and I and the minute they see me interact with someone I feel as though their thoughts have gone through the floor and they are now embarrassed for me. I feel people are embarrassed for me. That's worse than being embarrassed yourself....



Is this just the way I am? Can I change? I really don't care what other people think but I somehow just cannot function around other humans.I just can't interact with people and it's horribly embarrassing?
I'd probably try to get a therapist in all seriousness. Either that or perhaps hypnosis will help in finding out why you lack confidence around other people. I'm sure you're a great guy but there's something that's just not quite right. I don't know if it was something from your childhood or perhaps a past life but there's got to be some reason why you can't interact that well. Good luck. I don't think this is a kind of problem that will improve over night either. It takes practice to gain confidence to speak with other people.I just can't interact with people and it's horribly embarrassing?
I agree with Eddie. I know very little on the subject but I get the impression that your symptoms sound like autism; that doesn't mean that you are autistic, but there are many degrees of autism.



If I was you I would go to your general practicioner (Dr) and have a chat with him/her.



As Eddie said, it will not be easy to overcome; you'll have to work with it over a long period and you need the right help.
Well buddy, I can tell you a few moments I felt like, you go to the extreme though. Many times I felt I didn't fit into any group of people, because I had nothing in common with people at school, besides all the time I thought I did a fool of myself and it was so embarrasing. I've always been a perfectionist, and a preety nervous person, honestly, that's way I leave no room for mistakes and I always want everything to be perfect, to have the perfect conversation subject, the perfect look, to be interesting. I demand a lot of myself, I pay attention the most ridiculous and absurd details that no one notices. I was my worst judge. Nowadays I can tell you I have changed that, it takes time and quite a lot of effort from yourself. All of the time you had thought bad of yourself, so it is not going to be that easy and that fast to change the image yourself have from you, but you gotta do it. Take things in a relaxed way, take your time to do whatever you have to do, for example, at the cinema, take your time to get the money for the ticket, people has to wait, it's your turn. Please, try not paying that attention to things that are not important and live your life, you'd surprise yourself if you talked to people and notice you have quite a lot in common than you think you do, and always remember that for the very fact that you're a human being you're special and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment