Thursday, October 28, 2010

How to be social/get to know people outside of school?

I've started a full-time job in a new city. I've been here about a year now and I still don't know anyone (except my boss). I can't go to bars because of my sleep schedule. There are social gatherings like movies, restaurants etc. but not really things that you see %26amp; interact with people on a somewhat regular basis and can get to know them.How to be social/get to know people outside of school?
i guess your starting from the basics. Well you are just going to have to go out and introduce yourself. Doesnt have to be a night either. Its just at the bar its easier because people come to : a dance :b drink :c socialize :d hook up with somebody. So when somebody walks up to something as long as they request from one of those 4, nobody is going to think your different.



Outside the bar requires more talking, more work and more of a reason. Sometimes you just have to go for it, and move on if it doesnt work. I would suggest, start going around town during the day. And any place, maybe to shoot pool during the day. I know plenty pool places where women hang out just to hang out during the day. Ask to shoot a game.



Maybe you as people at work to come with you. So you don't look so lonely when you go out. There is plenty of places to meet girls. And seriously speaking the girls in bar arent going to take you seriously. They just want to have fun for a short time and probably assume you want the same.How to be social/get to know people outside of school?
sleep with your boss. then threaten to get him fired if he doesn't help you get friends.

this always works for me :D

best of luck.
I'm gonna star this for now. I'll be back to answer this on my non troll account.
How about if you asked some to get together sometime for a nice/friendly card game !! %26amp; converse as you play !! ... Then other topics %26amp; or questions may come about !?! Like movies !?! %26amp; may even lead up to gethering together with a few of the friends to all go to a movie showing !?! You offer to buy a first round of sodas or pop corn !?! etc. r'`R`'r
Well I commute to school so it's hard for me to make friends there. What I found works is just getting out in public places as much as possible. If you feel like going on the computer, go to the library. Avoid staying in.

No comments:

Post a Comment