Thursday, October 28, 2010

How should i act in a situation where i am forced to interact with people i don't care to be around?

i am living with some relatives right now because they happen to live near a school that i wanted to be at 3,000 miles away from home. it was very nice of them to let me live here for the time being, but i also pay as much rent as they do. i want to be treated more like a simple ROOMMATE (you do your thing, i do mine) but these relatives insist on ';mothering'; me even though i am a mature adult.



i tried talking to them about it, and they said they can't help it because they were there the day i was born and they love me and bla bla bla. i try and just stay in my room with the door closed, but they insist on always knocking on the door to check up on me and engage me in conversations always wanting to hang out and so forth. they are also about 25-30 years OLDER than i am.



i try to humor them and just be nice and interact, but truthfully, I WOULD RATHER BE HAVING TEETH PULLED!! now tonight i agreed to go out to dinner with them, and like always, the conversation consists of them grilling me about my life!



i try and just give one word answers or be as curt as possible, but then there is just akward silence. i don't ask questions back because i dont even want to be there in the first place. therefore, the conversations are always one-sided and weird.



should i pretend i am the slightest bit interested in their lives to keep the convo going, or is it okay to just sit there in silence staring at my mashed potatoes waiting for the check? i have a really hard time being fake, and i would have hoped by me just being myself, they would see that i am not interested, take a hint, and leave me alone already. instead they just try harder to gain my attention. i don't know how to go about this, and i am dreading dinner tonight :(How should i act in a situation where i am forced to interact with people i don't care to be around?
If you are paying rent, find somewhere else to live. Find somewhere closer to school or where you work or tell them you found a cool friend adn you have decided to be roomies.



Either way, now is a time that you need your space. You could still visit the relatives once a week for dinner to catch up, but you need some time to learn about yourself.



You should be grateful to have them though and enjoy their company. They really do love you and you are lucky to have that. =)



Good luckHow should i act in a situation where i am forced to interact with people i don't care to be around?
How about telling the people that you want to go your way and not there way. And, tonight at dinner tell them to please stop asking me questions about my life. Why couldn't you ask them about there life.

How long they have been married? and etc.

See how they think about how it feels to be questioned all the time.
move out
  • how to become friends with someone
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment