Friday, October 22, 2010

How do I interact with people I've nothing in common with?

I'm temping at the moment, but I have absolutely nothing in common with the permanent people here, I don't know what to talk to them about. I've tried talking to them, but we're poles apart. What can I do?How do I interact with people I've nothing in common with?
It is more important that you interact with people when you are temp, it could help you to get confirmed if you have some support from others in common.



It may not be common issues matters to discuss, you can engage in general topics such as Sports, Movies, places on Interest, official and try to impress than to get closer to you.



Try to assist them which can also bring you closer. In long run it will help you even if you decide to move out you can take their references. *How do I interact with people I've nothing in common with?
Just do your work and don't bother talking to them. You'll never see them again anyway...
That麓s happens to me. I麓m living in a very hard society (in Spain), and I think that麓s the reason in my case. I don麓t know your case. If you interact with polite people you can talk even with very different persons
Do WHATEVER makes you feel comfortable.
Say as little as possible.
LIES!! Who are you dealing with, space aliens?? I'm assuming you both have 2 eyes, 2 arms, a spleen, gonads, etc.... your limit is your own creativity and perception. What do you want out of them anyway, ask yourself that. If it's just conversation, well, talking about something that interests YOU would be my best advice, but you could always try to become interested in what they like, too.
erm i guess ask them about the work maybe or tv program :)
do you mean at work? where? and there is always something in common even a tv show....or maybe you are a snob and unapproachable
Make small talk or ask them questions about their family. People love to talk about themselves. Maybe that'll help break the ice. I know how you feel; I've done plenty of temp work myself. Its lonely and ';people are strange when you're a stranger';.
everyone has SOMETHING in common. Make small chat about life such as cereal they eat and how it is healthy. Or advertisement. Or politics(even if u dont have the same veiws you can just talk about the race). Or books(can also work with magazines). Stay comfortable and relax and dont come off as if u have to do this or if u were purposely trying to get something started. Act like you're talking because u like to talk. Make jokes and always say sir or madam
How do you know you have nothing in common with them if you are not interacting with them? It sounds like you're just being judgmental. Get off your high horse and make an effort.
Watch the news and read the newspaper everyday. Speak on those topics. Always make the other person feel like you are hanging on their every word..

No comments:

Post a Comment