Thursday, October 28, 2010

Help! I've just learned I have a really serious health condition that will effect how I interact with people

I don't want people to think I'm strange but I don't want them to feel sorry for me either. How should I tell people that I'm ill?Help! I've just learned I have a really serious health condition that will effect how I interact with people
I would tell them only on a need-to-know basis, if it is not obvious. In the telling, be matter of fact and let them know that you don't want them to feel sorry for you. I wish you the best.Help! I've just learned I have a really serious health condition that will effect how I interact with people
Ya just did! tell them the same way!
Don't worry about what other people think. You should just tell them that you are ill and will be having problems. If they don't understand........screw em'!
You don't give many details. That's OK but it may depend on how your condition will affect your relationships. Maybe start with those people most important to you like family and close friends. You may be overrating your concern. People are much more willing to be supportive than you may think. Those who do not accept you or your condition for any reason are probably not worth worrying about. Stick with those who stick with you. Good luck.
If you would have mentioned just what this illness was I could have been more helpful. Tell them in a way that you will feel best. Maybe they dont need to even know. Use your best judgement.
I wouldn't just blurt out that you're sick. If friends or family ask, well tell them the truth. If your illness is something that strangers might pick up on, it's your choice if you want to tell them anything at all.



I'm a diabetic and must take insulin 5 minutes before eating. If I go out to eat, I usually take my injection at the table. If others stare, it's their problem not mine. If someone asks me a question about it, then I'm happy to answer. I suppose it depends on the way people ask or the comments they make.



Best of luck and I hope all turns out well for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment