Friday, October 22, 2010

Does the quality of life affect how people interact with other people?

Answers must be relevant to the question. Off topic answers, obscene, stupid or rude answers will be blocked.Does the quality of life affect how people interact with other people?
Absolutely! I am a cancer survivor-- and sometimes, I am not very gracious about it. I went through radiation and chemo, (that did not help, Essiac.com cured me) and it did permanent damage to the nerves in the 'cancer zone', so I live with a tremendous amount of pain. Many people do not understand the history and are unaware of the intensity of the pain, thinking that my medication should take care of it. I had to take massive amounts of morphine to be able to work, and you can imagine how interesting that was for my co-workers as well as myself. So, I really don't want to take anything when I don't HAVE to, and now I'm on disabilty so I don't have to take so much.

Because of what I've been through and what I live with, I tend to be one extreme or the other. Nice or nasty. If you come to me with what I feel is a ';stupid, immature issue'; I can be quite nasty. ';Should we amputate? Does it require a funeral? No? Then I guess it isn't that serious then is it?'; are common statement questons from me. People who don't know, can get pretty offended, but I really don't care about 'delicate sensibilities' when it's not that serious. If I am approached about the attitude in a direct manner, I will explain myself and the attitude. So, health does affect the way that I interact.

Money also has something to do with qol. I don't have the money that I used to, the people who knew me before still want me to take vacations, out to dinner, shows, etc with them like we used to, etc. I don't like to explain to these people, ';I now make less than $10,000 a year, not the six figures I pulled down before, or the 6 figures you pull in now, my hubby is blue collar, with a good job, but not a 6 figure kind of deal. I can barely buy food after I pay for my housing and medicine.'; I don't like to explain, because it feels so d#$n pitiful. Right this minute, I have family peeved because I can't pay ';my share'; of a vacation house I didn't agree to rent. I said (with witness, so I know I said it) ';I can't take the time to go this year';. I haven't gone for the last four years, so there is no reason they should assume I'd go this year. But, people tend to measure each other by their own experience, and it's difficult to remember sometimes that my yardstick is different than yours.

So the answer is yes. Money and health quality of life issues do affect how people percieve my interactions with them. I am not mean, on purpose... I am bluntly honest or take the other side of being totally silent. I am not always capable of being 'diplomatic'. However, even what I've been through, including the mass suicide that occured in my family from August to October this year claiming 3 of my family, and the loss of the other 4 that the grim reaper came to visit on his own in the past few months, does not excuse being mean, obscene or criminal. Each individual should be held accountable for their actions, regardless of their quality of life.Does the quality of life affect how people interact with other people?
Within the big picture I would say yes, it all comes down to morals and personal ethics and how a person is brought up in regards to respecting others and using manners etc. But also you can look at all walks of life and find good loving people slotted in here and there regardless of their life quality.
Yes illness, stress, trauma alll affect the quality of life and some people think nobody understands. Low self esteem and feeling people deserve what they get causes people not to seek help and to seek out others. There are lots of people who are mentally ill or have big problems and not seeking professional or medical help. There must be so many people who need help who are too proud or scared to even leave their house let alone go to a doctor or counsellor.

No comments:

Post a Comment