Friday, October 22, 2010

How do people interact with people with adisability?

In my school there are a few people with disabilities, but the school is isolating them from the rest of the school. Im also doing a project on the Paralympics. And the different disabilities. A question i have is what affects attitudes towards people with disabilities? I dont know how to answer that.... So please hepl me....How do people interact with people with adisability?
this is an easy answer. treat them just like everyone else an equal.How do people interact with people with adisability?
my opinion on that is



it all depends how other people react to them

i mean like if they see some1 with a disability being picked on then people are either going to join in or start being nice to them... and the other way round



also it depends on the person with the disability.... if they ler the fact that they have a disabolity over power their lifes and change their attitudes then other people atre going to pick up on that
My neice was disabled and my attitude with her was the same as my attitude with the other children...everyone in this world is different, why should your attitude change around disabled people?
I have mild autism and I will answer from my perspective.



Educate yourself a little about their disability and be aware of things like that if they appear rude it may just be a misinterpretation for example.



Treat them as much as possible like everyone else. Don't talk to them like they are a baby or stupid and don't ignore them out of fear of them. Just be aware of their difficulties. If they have speech difficulties and use sign language I'm sure they would love you if you learned a few signs to say hello and ask them how they are.



';what affects attitudes towards people with disabilities';

What I get a lot is people will find out I have autism and then say to themselves ';oh he's 'not right' he won't talk to me'; and they won't give me a chance because they assume I can't communicate. Don't assume anything. Open your mind and get to know them first. And don't use the term ';not right'; a lot of people find it offensive.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment