Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do I get my puppy to interact with other people?

I have a yorkie poo puppy and all he wants is ME! I am the only one he will come to and go to the bathroom next too. I am the only person he will not run away from if I walk twards him. So how do I get my puppy to trust my mom and dad more so he will treat them like he does me?How do I get my puppy to interact with other people?
Have them feed the puppy and give it water,so he learns that they provide his food, therefore creating a bond between them. Treats for when he gets close to them would also help.How do I get my puppy to interact with other people?
Get your parents as well as other people to try and give treats to your mutt puppy.

Also allow your parents to take him for walks and play with him.
Kat is exactly right..
It is very important you fix this quickly. You do not want a dog that is overly possessive of you. First make sure your puppy is not self feeding. He has to have set meals so that he responds to treats during training. Next make sure you or your dog walker let him meet lots of new people. When he meets new people give them a treat for him. Once he gets used to meeting lots of people when he's hungry and they give him treats he should quickly look forward to interacting with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment