Thursday, October 28, 2010

How can I improve my social skills without actually interacting with people?

I don't mean to sound like a smart-alec misanthrope, but I just don't get a chance very often to deal with people. Part of the reason is that society seems to require payment for entry into social scenes, like gyms, bars... Even clubs cost me money because I have to drive to meetings, but I have no money to spare. I've had customer service jobs, but interactions in them are so brief and superficial. In case you're wondering, I have no intention of going to a church--I hate religion.How can I improve my social skills without actually interacting with people?
Try everyday places that you need to go to on a common basis (the bank, the grocery store, etc). Just practice talking to them (asking questions, making little statements, all that).



If you want something that isn't superficial...can you go to school? That may be too out of the question though...



Go to places that are free. Libraries are and often have group meetings (readings, stuff like that). Just look around community message boards to see free stuff. Volunteering would be good, if you had the time (you may even get more money out of it).How can I improve my social skills without actually interacting with people?
Go places where some modicum of manners is the norm, such as a museum or a play, and observe the interactions of others. Note them for future reference.
talk to yourself :D
I dont know...if you arent willing to make any compromises stop complaining.
Ultimately your desired skill requires interacting with people.

If you mean how can you interact with people without incurring a lot of expense, then you can practice interacting at the store, on the phone, or other casual meeting places. You don't always have to pay an entry fee to talk to people. You may even find people who are anxious for you to care about them.
read books.

No comments:

Post a Comment