Friday, October 22, 2010

Have you had a job where you had to interact with people?

have you have worked in a customer service job or any kind of job where you had to interact with people on a daily basis? if you were asked the question below on a job application how would you answer ?



Describe your work experience in handling stressful or emotionally-charged situations and assisting hostile, fearful, or emotionally disturbed persons? Provide a brief example from your work experience and relate your example, as much as possible, to this position (for example, handling a violent person).Have you had a job where you had to interact with people?
yep i just started working at best and less... its pretty fun, not too hard (well its not hard and i started working right on the start of christmas lol), and ok pay rate since 15y/o only gets paid small wage.



but over-all its an ok job from what i have done there and a generally good expeirience for a first time workerHave you had a job where you had to interact with people?
Usually, I try to get the person to calm down a bit by explaining things thoroughly and clearly. If all else fails, I go to my supervisor and he will explain to the customer. If that fails, then we boot the customer outta there lol.
Sure.



I CALMLY pulled out my Magnum and emptied it into the store's good custumer. All went well and the mess was minimal. HI YAHOO!!
Yes. I used run a ride at the Carnival. I had to deal with people all day. People running in trying to get on the ride before it stops. Not letting the others get off, climbing over the fence. After awhile you think, is everybody idiots?
An emotionally disturbed person's violent reactions always simmers down. In this situation, you can interact with him/her.
Yes...I've had a few actually. Right now I am a college student working as a supervisor for the campus police department so I unfortunately encounter many stressful situations.



I work mainly with students that are involved in situations around campus, whether it be fights, threats, miscommunication between parties etc...you name it I've probably experienced it. The first thing I attempt to do is calm the person down, if you can get them to calm down you can hopefully resolve the situation easier. The next thing I do is just listen to what they have to say (even if it makes no sense or is complete bull), I let them know that I am there to help them. Next I ask them what it is that they would like done to resolve the situation, if it is something workable I try and compromise to see what I can do (within reason) to make the situation better. If all else fails I call for back-up, briefly explain the situation and let them handle it (depending on the situation this may need to be done sooner). Best of luck, I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment