Thursday, October 28, 2010

Do you use Answers to INTERACT with people or STAY AWAY from them?

For me, I come on here when I am by myself and looking to pass the time. I know I'm fishing for answers from people and answering other people's questions. But I don't use the site to be social, I use the site during those times when I am not interested in being around other people.



But I figure anti-social people might come on here in order to feel like they are interacting w/ others and not all alone sometimes.



I know one of my contacts likes to be on here to express opinions and attitudes that are not well received in her region of the country, though I don't know how she'd answer this.Do you use Answers to INTERACT with people or STAY AWAY from them?
Good question. I've been lagging lately, I didn't see your last 3 questions until tonight. But let's see, me...maybe I come on here for both reasons? I come on here when I'm bored or I want to get away from my ';real life'; for a while.



I like the fact that I can come to Y!A and and ask and answer questions with my honest opinion instead of having to make it politically-correct and Alabama conservative-approved (yeah, I just made that up, lol).



If I were to come out in my everyday life and say I don't believe in God, I would get judged pretty strongly, without even having the people get to know me. Not saying the people I'm close to don't know, but it's not something I brag about. And really....my religious beliefs shouldn't be an issue anyway. They have nothing to do with the person that I am. ....Ok, maybe somewhat but you know what I mean. I'm not an evil person just because I don't believe in God, but people here seem to think that's the case. So, I just keep it to myself and those closest to me.



So that's how I use Y!A to ';get away'; from people. But in the roughly 6 months that I've been on here (my profile says September 2007, but I didn't use it back then) I've gained some pretty cool contacts. It's getting to the point where I think I've added too many, and some of them I don't think I've ever even answered a question for, but I would say about 5-10 of the 90 or so that I have do know me somewhat. It isn't hard to figure out what kind of person I am, just through reading my Q%26amp;A's and I guess that's what they've done, because their answers to my questions are usually just what I'm looking for. So, I do always look forward to reading my contacts' answers to my questions more than anything else.



So, after that long rant that probably makes no sense whatsoever, what I hope you got out of it is that I use the site to get away from people AND to interact with people. I have lots of questions, and sometimes I like getting answers from people who are just on the outside looking in.Do you use Answers to INTERACT with people or STAY AWAY from them?
I use answers to interact with people.
I have made friends with people from several countries since coming on here %26amp; communicate with them regularly. On the other hand,I have gotten some of the nastiest verbal abuse I've ever had directed at me from mostly Indians( not American Indians) who hate Australians because of our cricket team.

No comments:

Post a Comment