Thursday, October 28, 2010

I have a hard time intertacting with people at work and in my life. How can I improve things?

I don't seem to quite understand relationships, and really what they are supposed to be based on. I often find myself in conflicts with people I work with, I usually come out on the losing end, even when they are in the wrong. I have had this problem all my life. I just don't stick up for myself very well. I have never had a girlfriend (I am 38) or any meaningful relationship at all. As a result I feel I have lived a life not worth living and been very depressed. But I want to. I have seen on shows like survivor, that people can really behave in a shallow manner when they are interacting. But have seen on other shows that rude behavior is some what tolerable even welcomed because it shows passion and helps others focus, as long as its not too derogatory, and all party's involved feel they are being treated as an equal. So maybe I need to not take things so personally and learn to bite back a little. I wish I could simply interact with people better and not get walked on so much. Please helpI have a hard time intertacting with people at work and in my life. How can I improve things?
I feel your pain man. I didn't have any meaningful relationship until I was about 17-18 and you might say that was pretty young, but it really wasn't. All you need is a decent reality check of how people interact. I watch TV, observe people around me, and heck, sometimes I just read responses give on Yahoo Answers. Whatever works. You just have to mimic or repeat some of the similar actions these people do. Cleanse your body as well as your soul. Pay attention to your outer appearance as well as your body language and inner appearance. Sometimes body language can totally turn a person off to what you are saying. I'd say study posture, speech, facial expressions, and motions of people who you consider to be good social interacters. Remember, people are all different, and there are advantages and disadvantages to anything....ask any married man :-) Just be an improved version of yourself, and you'll be fine. You seem like a good guy. Good luck!I have a hard time intertacting with people at work and in my life. How can I improve things?
try just introducing yourself during a lunch break to whoever else is on a break. another idea is to plan a small luncheon or something for your co-workers. that brings everyone together and gives you a chance to interact and meet everyone.
It may just be that you're not a confrontational person. Some people do just walk away, and it's not wrong. It seems that it is your self esteem that is suffering and only you can fix that by confronting what it is about yourself that brings you down. You can train yourself to be more outgoing and fight for yourself more often. Imagine yourself in situations and act out what you can say in front of a mirror. It may sound silly, but with practice and some self esteem building exercises, you will start doing better. I hope this helps.
Hello, well you made your first step, try just being yourself, you can not please everyone, to many jerks in this world... Who is number 1 in your life ? YOU ARE!!! If you just have 1 good friend in your life, your doing great because the other 3 really are not a real friend...Thank about it....If you need a friend let me know, I'll be a good one... Keep your head up, your a good person....
Being an Introvert or Extrovert doesn't matter...be positive and improve your self confidence...that's what you lack now.And come out of your inferiority complex and depression.Try reading books or some interesting articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment