Thursday, October 28, 2010

How to interact with people my age?

Lately I've been feeling very very lonely. I'm 18 y.o. and I live in Israel.

I have 2 really good friends who I meet like every week and talk with almost every day, that is because they're both in military service, while I'm not (I don't enlist).

I love my friends very much, I feel like every time I meet with them I'm recharged, got my confidence back. But when I don't (say day after) I feel suckish and mellow. I've already graduated from HS and i'm only going to college next year (israel sucks, drop it) but till then I don't have any social interactions with ppl my age.



I work from home and I've thought bout getting a job but I hate being employed. HATE IT!



2 years ago I went to GLBT support group for a while, I didn't really connect there or had a positive experience. I could try again, but it just seems really distant now, and it's kinda like ';haven't I done anything for the last 2 years?!';. Also, some months ago there was a shooting in Tel Aviv at a gay community center (that's very very rare, whole nation was enraged) so that REALLY worries me.



I live in a city suburb so I gotta take the my parents' car anywhere. But often they need it. I don't have any recreational center/animal shelter (love dogs!)/anything in a walking distance.



I go to the gym, but even there I don't interact with anybody because I'm so scared of being awkward or w/e I have this outer appearance of ipod plugged, ';don't get near me';, and usually I'm like that too.



What do I do to interact with ppl my age? I feel pointless even after meeting family/friends my age, it's like something is lacking. I do sports, I read, I work, barely watch TV or lie around, not lazy.



How can I develop my social cycle? Thanks!How to interact with people my age?
Well its good that you have friends, so that means your not completely socially awkward lol! Other than making the most of the friends you have, go to this BGLT group and see if you can build your confidence that way. Most people there probably feel the same as you so you wont be alone

Anyway,your going to college next year so you ll have plenty of opportunity to make new friends.

Everyone else will be new there too, so you can really show your true personality right from the start! re-invent yourself a little as this confident, sure person. Obviously keep your good traits and you'll find it wont be as difficult as it seems!How to interact with people my age?
That's a tough one. Have you actually asked your friends in the military if they know anybody else near where you live? Sometimes it helps to spell it out simply like that, say: ';do you know anyone else around here I could meet? I get really lonely while you guys are deployed'; Word can get around and someone might turn up! You could always call and ask the same question at the the community center (I did hear about the attack, we were shocked all over the world). You can always get on some chat rooms, I know it's not the same but it is available and mostly harmless.
My ex doctor had a house in Israel and if he was any representative, to live ther you had to be super religious. Like you said drop it. How to develop your social circle more so it is one? You can try returning to the LGBT place, but I don't think it will do much good. Okay, see your paragraph before the last? What's lacking is you don't say hi to them. Simple as that. Or hang out here and meet people.

No comments:

Post a Comment