Sunday, December 11, 2011

Medical Career that helps people (Nurses! Help)?

I want to help people out. I like interacting with people and seeing actual results. Is nursing a really good opportunity to give back and help the people? Anything else?



*Not one issue*



--parents want me to go out of state where I am not sure if I can get in the nursing program there

--good well known nursing program in state

--father doesnt know I consider nursing as career...just embarrassed as it is considered feminine

--is it looked badly upon guys as RNs?? I dont want to go into a career I can love but have everyone think I'm gay or not manly



So how bad are the stereotypes now adays?Medical Career that helps people (Nurses! Help)?
Hate stereotypes my dads best friend is a nurse hes one of the manlyest (i cnt spell lol) men iv ever met he was an EMT but went to nursing. Nursing is such a good profession theres so much need for it an always will I'm going to school for my RN i would say go for it i dont know where your located but theres a good nursing school in Chicago IL. if you dont want to go out of state go to a university in your state theres lots of university that have RN, LPN, LVN, MSN, BSN. you could always go get your MSN masters in science of nursing and become a nurse practitioner they can write prescriptions and can diagnose acute illnesses so you dont have to go to med school, talk to your dad about it its a great career. good luckMedical Career that helps people (Nurses! Help)?
Nurses are important and make good money. They also have the potential to exceed in the healthcare field. Your father should be proud that are considering a career in nursing. The thing is to get the experience first. I started out by being a cna. I work with elderly people with dementia and alzheimer's. I have learned so much. You might want to start off as that and see where it takes you. I wouldn't stay in that positions, just because the pay is little and the work is hard. This would be a perfect starter position, if you want to continue with your schooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment