Sunday, December 11, 2011

Does your baby like been held by other people? please help :-(?

Particularly people they don't see often?



I ask because im getting quite worried about my daughter, she is 22 weeks old. She is such a happy girl, full of smiles and giggles and coos etc but as soon as anyone holds her she gets hysterical!!!!



She has been like this since about 12 weeks old. We don't have any family so she has never had the whole been passed about by family etc. We do have friends but most of the visits where when she was younger and didn't understand anyway. Anyway im out and about everyday visiting friends, shopping, baby group and start swimming this week but i don't see what else i can do to help her?



She will quite happily sit with me or daddy and smile at people and chat to them but as soon as they hold her she gets so upset, i have tried walking out of the room and letting her cry it out but she gets to the point where she is hysterical and no body likes seeing there baby like this.



I don't think she is clingy because i can leave her to play on her own sometimes for up to 1 hour without so much as a moan, she is very good like that and doesn't really like to be held a lot apart from when tired.



I was a very shy kid, i never interacted with people but surely that shouldn't be affecting her at this age!!?



I just don't know what to do to help her. Its getting me down a bit as i know i cant ever leave her with a babysitter and i feel like im totally alone in this as all the baby's i have met have no problems with been picked up.



Are any of your baby's like this or where like this? How can i or did you combat it?



Im so stressed about it and i also feel guilty for the person who is holding her as they think its them and its not!!!



I know i cant have the perfect baby she sleeps through and loves her food and is so happy if left alone but i don't want her to be scared of everyone she meets!!!! HELP please :-( thankyou xxDoes your baby like been held by other people? please help :-(?
it might just be because she doesn't know them very well. my daughter is almost 8 months and she will cry like crazy with people she has only seen a few times. she might not trust them. it's very normal for babies to cry when people hold them. let them continue to hold them more and more as long as they are okay with it. my daughter would cry a lot and want me to hold her. but i walk away and she stops. she is very close with me. so i guess try to walk away so she can't see you and if she stops she prob just wants you to hold her. but if you let the person hold them more she can start to trust them and know they wont hurt her. other then that i don't know what other reasons it could be.Does your baby like been held by other people? please help :-(?
my son was like that also,he didnt want anyone to hold him

when i give him to myfreinds he would start crying and wanted to come back to me

i know that you want your daughter to be hold my your freinds but i dont think its bad at all that she doesnt want people to be holding her

she feels safe with in your arms the first person she saw was you and thats why i think shes acting like that shes doesnt want any one else to hold her but you ( hope that helps )
my daughter was the same way for a little while she only wanted me to hold her and she would scream if anyone else did. it's normal she just wants her mom. pretty soon your baby will want anyone else when your baby gets older and more curious. enjoy it.
u should go out to motherclub and meet other mother and other babys my litter one was the same untill i went out to baby club i hope this help
In your baby's world, there are only two people:

Momma

and

Not-the-momma.



She likes the way you hold her, the way you smell, the way you talk--no one else does it like you.



If she doesn't want others to hold her, who can blame her? No one holds her like mommy! (except maybe daddy!)



Don't force her to go to others. She has the right to determine who holds her. Eventually, she may decide some other people are OK but until she learns to trust them, let her flirt and wave and coo at others from the comforting place in your arms.
My son was like this at first too. He needed to be held ALL the time, and *only* I could hold him, no one else. I never thought I would get anything done. I finally got a HotSling, and was able to get some things done. But, he eventually grew out of it. At about three months he was much more content to be left alone, or held by others.
Well, this is actually shows that she has a healthy attachment to you, frustrating as it may be. My son is and has always been pretty social, but he would and will wail if a someone besides my parent sor the ladies at daycare comes in and grabs him, as people tend to do with babies. He will accept a friend/family member holding him if they let him get used to him first. Also, maybe she is going to be shy-its not so bad, you said you were and you turned out fine. You shouldn;t feel bad. Babies want their parents, if they have kids they should know that. If you want to use a sitter, let a friend come over and spend time with her before you leave her with them.

I doubt other babies are as cool with being passed around as it seems, when we are frustrated everyone's lives seem easier. People tell me how friendly my kid is, and he prefers mommy!
my friends baby always falls asleep when i hold her
  • web hosting providers
  • desktop monitor to a laptop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment