Sunday, December 11, 2011

I just got live journal, where do I start?

I know how live journal works, as I often looked through it without having an account.

I recently made an account, but I'm not sure how to start doing things (like interacting with people).

None of my friends have Live Journal, so I don't have any people to add.

Should I join a community? Should I look up people on interests and add them?

Thank you in advance :)I just got live journal, where do I start?
Don't just add random people based on common interests. They may report you in suspicion that you are a spambot. Random adds are highly frowned upon.



If you're looking for friends, there are several ways to find some that will actually be interested in you and interact with you.



1. First try joining some ';add me'; communities. Search for ';add me'; in the interests, pick a few active communities, and follow the directions on the profile.



2. Look for active communities related to your favorite music and/or television shows that you would like to get updates about. Every few months, many (but not all) of these communities often have what's called a ';friending meme.'; This is a post where you can post a little profile of yourself and your interests in the comments of a post. People will reply and ask to friend you, and you can reply to other people's comments. This is a great way of finding friends because you get a chance to be friends with people who are actively interested in what you are.



Aside from finding friends, join any interesting communities in general. Comment on recent posts in those communities. Lurk around for a month or two to get a sense of LiveJournal etiquette and culture before making any posts yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment