Sunday, December 11, 2011

Depressed people- Is this a normal response?

First, I have been depressed for many years. But I always managed.



Over the past year, my life changed. I lost a lot of people close to me in various ways (death; some just left me; etc). My job suddenly became more stressful and aggravating. I had some other personal issues. I'm not coping well. I've made plans on how I would get my sh!t together.



I haven't done it yet but I find that I'm scared of interacting with people now. It sounds paranoid but I fear someone taking advantage of me, using me, or somehow abandoning me. It's kind of understandable why I feel like this because it's what has happened all my life.



I know what I have to do to get out there. But I'm scared of doing it. When I meet someone new, a little voice in the back of my mind tells me to keep the person at bay. Be nice but stay distant. I am constantly spending my time trying to figure out what people's motives are and second guessing myself. Do other people go through this?Depressed people- Is this a normal response?
YES I think a lot of people feel that way sounds like you need to change your job, do something that you love to do and people can pay you for your education like a Hairdresser or Nail Tech a self-employed job......these jobs can be rewarding. Let your wall down and let people come in and take them for good and bad. Maybe you can help someone and that will be rewarding in itself.Depressed people- Is this a normal response?
u should make an appointment with a psychiatrist. you might need to be put on medicine. such as an anti depressant. anti depressants not only help with depression but they help with anxiety and worry.
I went through a period in my life where I was depressed. I was put on meds and now that I look back I feel like they made me worse. I have been through death and dealt with people that I feel screwed me over. Be who you are and keep your distance (its not a bad thing!) These days, the older you get, the harder it is to trust people. You are not alone and you are not crazy!
MML

You've been my contact for a long time and during that time I've read a lot of your Q's %26amp; A's -as you have no doubt read my stuff %26gt;Over the past 6 months or so your Q's have gotten sadder and lonelier and caused me to worry about your safety and well being .

I have asked you to write me and you exercised your perogative and choose not to .OK

I cannot emphasize strongly enough to you how critically important it is to the rest of your life that you seek -out immediate treatment from a competent mental health professional for the issues that are causing you so much pain

MML%26gt;B-day sharer

There are a lot of good people in this section who honestly and truly feel your pain and worry about you as a result but as well meaning as we may all be we are not a substitute for a competent therapist%26gt;nor should we be

Good luck on your journey
since you have bad experience in the past and that seems to be holding you down, i think you are suffering from PTSD. or perhaps generalized anxiety disorder. do you have flash backs of bad memories and anticipative worry about how thing can go bad? that can be a sign of PTSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment