Sunday, December 11, 2011

I will be in Monterrey, MX, for couple of weeks: How can I find SPANISH lessons while I am there?

I've studied books and listened to Cd's in the car and such -- I think I need some actual lessons in addition to interacting with people. I will not be in an ';immersion'; situation -- I will be with English speakers for much of the day. When I am out what is a courteous way to start practice conversations? Does anyone know of an Spanish Immersion school in that area? Thanks!I will be in Monterrey, MX, for couple of weeks: How can I find SPANISH lessons while I am there?
Two weeks seems very little, but you could try these links.

http://www.emagister.com.mx/curso_spanis鈥?/a>

http://cursos-idiomas.vivastreet.com.mx/鈥?/a>

I will be in Monterrey, MX, for couple of weeks: How can I find SPANISH lessons while I am there?
My suggestion: Make friends with a local who speaks decent English. Practice ordering in restaurants and ask the waiter/ess if you have spoken correctly. Bars are a good place to find causal conversation.



In my experience, Mexican people are very kind and helpful about corrections to one's Spanish. I have learned a lot just from having patient, casual conversations.



Nothing will cement what you have been learning like actually speaking to people.



Bien suerte (Good luck)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment